Last Updated: October 4, 2022
Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing or using the Site and Services (including, without limitation, by submitting a donation through the Site), you agree that you have read and understand this Policy and that you accept and consent to the privacy practices (and any uses and disclosures of information about you) that are described in this Policy.
When do we collect your information?
NCI collects information relating to you and your use of the Site and Services in order to provide services and features that are responsive to your needs. We collect personal information in the following ways:
• Directly from you. We collect information from you when you inquire about, bid on, purchase, offer for sale, or sell an asset, request information, fill out a form, sign up for our newsletter, send us an email or other communication, speak with us on the telephone, or otherwise interact with us or the Site or Services.
• Automatically as you navigate the Site. Information collected automatically as you use and navigate the Site may include usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us. We collect the information you provide directly to us when you access and use the Site and Services, including, but not limited to, your:
• First and last name
• Email address
• Phone number
• Physical address and other location data
• Billing and payment information
• Bid and purchase and sale information and history
• Form responses
• Messaging content
• Any other content or information that you submit to or store within the Site
Information sent to us by web browsers. We and our third-party service providers collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or device. This information may include your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit (and the number of your visits), the pages you visit, the length of your visit, average time spent, and the websites you visit before coming to and after leaving the Site. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings.
The information we receive from your web browser and/or device is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve the Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes – for example, to detect intrusions into our network – and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
Information collected by cookies and other technologies. We use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to collect information and support certain features of the Site. Cookies are identifiers we transfer to your device that allow us to recognize your device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Site and Services are visited and by how many people.
How do we use your information?
We process information in order to provide the Site and Services to you and any additional services you request, as well as to communicate with you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by the request, and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and professional standards.
Generally, we use the information we collect from you to:
• Provide the Site, Services, and any other information or services you request to you. For example, we may use your information to provide you with Services features and functions that you request, and to facilitate communication between you and other users.
• Support the Site, Services, and our business. For example, we may use your information to respond to inquiries regarding the Site or Services, to process your bid and purchase and sale transactions, and to troubleshoot any issues.
• Manage our business needs, such as operating, monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Site’s performance and functionality. For example, we may analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other users use the Site and Services.
• Manage risk and protect the Site. We use data to better protect the Site, Services, and you by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Site and Services.
• Maintain our records.
• Market, promote, and/or provide information regarding our Services and other offerings.
• Conduct processing necessary to fulfill other contractual obligations for you.
• Comply with our other contractual, legal, and regulatory obligations. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of the Site and Services, to address emergency situations, and to comply with our other contractual obligations and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Carry out other purposes for which you provide your consent. For example, we will use your information for other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
Please see below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use your information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your information to third parties, except in the circumstances described below.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may disclose your information to our vendors and other third-party service providers, such as website hosts, payment processors, and email messaging providers, that help us support features on the Site and provide our Services to you. Further, our online service providers may implement technologies that allow for the collection of personally identifiable information over time and across websites. These service providers are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws.
If you inquire about, bid on, purchase, offer for sale, or sell an asset, we may disclose your information (including your name, contact information, messaging content, and other transaction information) to the other user in the asset transaction as necessary to facilitate your inquiry, transaction, or other communication with that user.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose your information: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official request; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal audit; or (v) in the event that NCI is subject to mergers, joint ventures, reorganizations, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, your information (including personal information) may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
What choices do you have about your information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we obtain about you and share with others.
Account. If you are a user with an account on the Site, you can update, modify, or delete certain of your account information and preferences after you log into your account using the features and functionalities available there. You may also contact us at the email address below for assistance in updating, modifying, or deleting any of your information.
Email preferences. You may opt out from receiving any promotional or informational emails from us by following the instructions for unsubscribing in the emails we send to you or by contacting us at the email address below. However, you cannot opt out of any transactional emails related to your account registration or other transactions with or relating to the Site.
Do Not Track. While we take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of our Site visitors, we cannot promise that our current online applications programming will address every browser setting or honor every personal browser preference. In particular, we have not implemented the necessary program changes to honor “Do Not Track” or “DNT” browser signals. As our online applications programming is refined, we will take reasonable steps to honor such requests in the future. Please return to this Policy for further updates on this topic.
Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser’s settings to disable all or certain cookies if you wish. Please be aware that if you change the preferences on your device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the features on the Site.
Location of the Site
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States. However, we and our service providers may store information about individuals in the United States, or we may transfer it to, and store it within, other countries.
Visitors from jurisdictions outside the United States visit the Site at their own choice and risk.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction, and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere. Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States from which you may access the Site may not be as stringent as that under privacy standards or the privacy laws of other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
How long do we retain your information?
We will keep your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law.
Occasionally, we may link to third-party offerings on or through the Site or Services. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites.
How do we protect your information?
NCI has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect your information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. Only authorized individuals access your personal information, and they receive training about the importance of protecting personal information. However, no system or procedures are entirely secure or failsafe, and we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your information.
California Privacy Notice
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), NCI makes the following additional disclosures regarding the personal information we collect.
Please see the sections above for the information we collect and how that information is used and disclosed. We have not sold consumers’ personal information in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Policy.
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
• the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
• the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
• the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information;
• the categories of third parties with whom we shares your personal information;
• the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
• when and if applicable, the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable;
• deletion of your personal information; and
• an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 234-268-0505. To verify your identity when you submit a request, we will match the identifying information you provide us to the personal information we have about you. If you have an account with us, we will also verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. Requests will typically be honored within forty-five (45) days or less, but may take up to ninety (90) days based on the results of verification.
However, we will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
• complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
• engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
• to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• comply with a legal obligation; or
• otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
• denying goods or services to you;
• charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
• providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
• suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you have a disability and are unable to read or view this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com and we can provide a copy of this Policy in an alternative format.
Do we collect information from children?
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or Services or on or through any of their features, including your name or email address, without supervision and consent from a parent or legal guardian. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe any information about your child under 13 has been submitted to or collected by us without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, or to request further information regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or:
Nations Capital, Inc.
16123 Armour St NE
Alliance, OH 44601
Changes to this Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address we have on file for you (if any) and/or possibly through a notice to your account or on our Site’s home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting the Site and this Policy to check for any changes.